Spirit Of Wonder Wednesday – Summer Entertaining
As the temperature continues to rise and you have summer entertaining to do, you’ll want to keep your guests refreshed with frosty drinks, cool appetizers and buffet items. Following are a few tips to keep in mind when planning your party menu for a fun, relaxed event.
- Keep it simple. Focus on easy recipes to save time in the kitchen so you can spend more time with family and friends.
- Plan ahead. Begin preparing as many recipes as possible the day before the party to allow for easy and quick preparation the day of the event.
- Make it memorable with a food theme (bar-b-que, international food, vegetarian, or desserts only!)
Wondering what foods to serve and how to decorate?
- Keep it light. Serve lighter foods during the warmer weather. Grilled vegetables, a variety of pasta and green salads, and an assortment of chilled dips and spreads – such as easy-to-make guacamole – create a delightful summer buffet.
- Make it colorful. Add interest to your buffet table with a variety of colorful foods as well as decorative tableware, such as a bright tablecloth, fun napkins and fresh cut flowers.
- Make your own place cards using Pentel Sign Pens and Tape ‘n Glue
With these simple tips and easy entertaining recipes, you can relax and enjoy your summer party just as much as your guests will.