Spirit Of Wonder Wednesday – Eco-Friendly Tips Part 1
April 22 is Earth Day so I thought I’d lead up to that day with some recycle tips. This is Part 1 of a 2-Part post on being eco-friendly.
The whole family can be involved in recycling. Think of how much we can keep out of our landfills if we all do a little bit. Here are the first five tips for recycling:
- Sort items on a daily basis. Get the whole family involved! Keep a separate trashcan in your kitchen or other handy place for recyclable items.
- Recycle junk mail or reuse it as scratch paper. Did you know that you can take your name off mailing lists? If you don’t like the waste that these advertisements create go to http://www.privacyrights.org/fs/fs4-junk.htm
- Take your extra plastic bags back to the grocery store and reuse them or put them in the store’s collection bin. Remember to bring reusable grocery bags with you when you shop.
- Check the type of plastic being recycled by looking at the symbols on the containers. Sort the plastic per your local recycle center.
- Newspapers and magazines can be recycled as long as they are clean and dry.
Pentel is contnuing its long-standing commitment to sustainability and social responsibility with RecycologyTM, an umbrella brand for its eco-friendly products.