Give A Personal Touch To Your Thanksgiving Table
Have you ever visited a loved one’s home for the holidays and looked around in awe thinking, “This place is decorated beautifully! How did they do it?” Well this year, take the chance to awe and delight with those details that warm your home without breaking the bank. Read on for a few of our favorite table settings, which you can make using loose items around the house in 30 minutes or less!
Fall Festive Place Cards
Adapted from Better Homes & Gardens
What you need
- White cardstock or 3 x 5 note cards
- Fine line marking pens (try our Slicci Metallic Gel Pens and Colored Pens)
- Acorn and leaf trim, or any other fall-themed décor
- Cut a 3-3/4-x-5-inch rectangle from card stock.
- Draw a double-line border around the perimeter, using the brown pen on the outside and the dark green pen on the inside.
- Fold the shape in half.
- Write the guest’s name, leaving room for the acorn and leaf trims.
- Glue the finished shapes in place.
Nature Inspired Place Cards
Adapted from Real Simple Magazine
What you need
- Cardstock: color of your choice
- Black fine tip pen: (try our EnerGel Deluxe RTX Liquid Gel Pen)
- Stray leaves or fresh herbs
- String, ribbon, or raffia
- Tie together sprigs of any fresh herbs or stray leaves
- Fold a piece of paper and cut an arc (half the “leaf”); unfold.
- Write guest’s name on the leaf
- Tie name tag to the bundle of herbs
Now it’s your turn: Share with us your favorite fall craft you’ll be making this year!