Finish Line Friday – Eco-Friendly Tips Part 2
In our last post we talked about ways to recycle. In this post I’d like to give you tips on sustainability or reusing items to create less waste in our earth.
- Look for items that are made from recycled material. Pentel’s RecycologyTM products have a minimum of 50% and up to 100% recycled materials by weight.
- Look for items that are refillable or reusable. This can include reusing grocery bags or using refillable pens, markers, and highlighters from Pentel’s Recycology line. Keep the plastic barrel and replace the cartridge!
- Use rechargeable batteries instead of disposable ones.
- Compost your food and yard scraps – this can easily reduce the amount of waste a typical household puts in their trash.
- Buy things in bulk to reduce the amount of packaging of things you buy.