Featured Artist: Andrew Alvarez
We’re happy to have Andrew Alvarez as our featured artist this week on the Pentel blog. Andrew has been drawing his whole life and enjoys creating portraits with only a pencil! Check out what inspires him and how he continues to educate himself with resources and reading materials. We hope you enjoy!
1. What is one aspect of drawing/sketching/inking that you give the highest priority to?
One aspect of my drawings that I give the highest priority too is realism.
2. What is one drawing tool that you use regularly?
One drawing tool that I use regularly is none other than the Pentel 0.9 Twist- Erase mechanical pencil.
3. Do you have any drawing-related resources that you highly recommend reading?
One resource I highly recommend using is the Burne Hogarth Anatomy books.
4. Is there a magazine you read on a daily/weekly basis (online or offline)?
One magazine I read monthly is the Sedona Journal of Emergence.
5. Please share some of your illustrations with us.
What inspired me to draw these pieces were the satisfaction of seeing them after I put 100% of my passion and skill in to them. I strive on getting better and making it as real as possible. It always amazes me how something like drawing can come to existence using your hand and passion for what you do. I always use the Pentel mechanical pencil because it stays sharp.